Re: [squid-users] can't get squid to cache

From: mc2qcriley <criley_at_siderean.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:16:45 -0700 (PDT)

Angelo Höngens wrote:

> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>> The problem is minimum_expiry_time in your squid.conf:
>>
>> minimum_expiry_time 3600 seconds
>> refresh_pattern . 3600 100% 3600 ignore-no-cache ignore-reload
>> override-expire override-lastmod
>>
>> There is a corner issue with minimum_expiry_time that the expiry time
>> needs to be 1 second more for the object to be accepted. But I seriously
>> suspect you have misunderstood the meaning of this directive. Most
>> likely you want to have it set to 0 or left at the default 60 seconds.
>>
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/cfgman/minimum_expiry_time.html
>

> I guess you're right, I do not know what the minimum_expiry_time means..
> thanks for the link, but I just got the O'Reilly book by mail, I'm
> taking it with me on my holiday, so I can read, and git a bit more info
> about the big picture.
>
> Hope to be back on the list in August to come back to this issue. Thank
> you all for your support so far.
>

> --
>

> Met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Angelo Hongens

I was having a similar problem and as I look through this message thread,
don't see that someone else has pointed in the direction of my solution so:

My problem was a missing Expires header. This can be added in several ways.
I add it using a servlet Filter. However, if you are using Apache, the link
has http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/apache-speed-expires.html
instructions .