[squid-users] SSL Reverse Proxy

From: elsergio <sergio.lm_at_telefonica.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 00:15:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to see all the reverse proxy features that Squid offers and I
have a question about SSL. I am sure you can help me.

I have seen in the forum that it seems to be something like this:

acl http protocol http
acl https protocol https
http_port public.ip:80 accel defaultsite=your.main.sitename vhost
acl servergroup_domains dstdomain your.main.sitename other.sitename ...
cache_peer ip.of.web.server parent 80 0 no-query originserver
name=servername_http
cache_peer_access servername_http http servergroup_domains
https_port public.ip:443 accel defaultsite=your.main.sitename
sslcert=/path/to/main.sitename.pem
cache_peer ip.of.web.server parent 443 0 no-query originserver ssl
name=servername_https
cache_peer_access servername_https https servergroup_domains

The problem is that I cannot figure out de differences between creating an
SSL connection (the case above I think) and Squid being the end of an SSL
connection.

Can you help me?

Best Regards,

Sergio