Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.0 problem with chunked encoding

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:03:07 +0200

On ons, 2008-07-30 at 16:23 -0500, Guy Helmer wrote:
> I'm working through a problem where pages from a broken web server
> aren't making it through Squid 3.0 (tested up through STABLE 8). The
> page source according to the browser (Firefox 2, Firefox 3, or IE7) is
> the "28B" which should be the start of the chunk, followed by the chunk
> itself, and then "0" that would finish the chunked transfer.

The web server is broken and responds with chunked encoding in response
to HTTP/1.0 requests. This is a MUST NOT requirement in the HTTP/1.1
specifications as chunked encoding is not supported in HTTP/1.0.

> I'm hoping that I can manage to contact the admins of the web server and
> get them to fix their problem, but is there any way I can work around
> the problem in Squid?

You can try the nightly Squid-3.HEAD snapshots. It has the needed
workarounds for these broken servers. Or "downgrade" to Squid-2.7.