[squid-users] ICAP client recommendation

From: William Cooley <william_at_wtip.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:05:54 -0400

I need an ICAP client capable http proxy server that can handle a few
hundred requests per second and squid seems to be the only open source
solution available.
I am trying to figure out which squid branch I should go with. One
option is to use 2.6 or 2.7 and apply the icap client patch. The other
option is to use 3.0 with native icap support.

I would prefer to use 3.0 because it would be easier to apply updates
using a binary package. On the other hand I keep reading reports that
3.0 is not production ready and can't handle the load.
However applying the icap patch to 2.X might cause similar stability issues.
Please let me know if you have experience with this kind of scenario and
can give me some input.
Thanks,
William