Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy by URL?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:44:03 +0200

On 04.08.08 14:12, Jordi Prats wrote:
> I need to exclude requests to any url that contains a string like
> "proxytest" to hide my proxy because recently I've seen this URL in
> squid's accesslog:
>
> http://blablabla/proxytest/blablabla
>
> If it's not possible to skip this type of requests, could you please
> give me any hints in order to setup a squid as transparent as
> possible?

you can check for URL strings only by inspecting URL, which means that
someone must look at it. Unless your firewall is capable to do HTTP request
inspection and optional redirection, you must use squid for this, and as it
was already said, when the request reached squid, it's too late to bypass it

you can disable caching, adding/modifying headers, but there's still small
chance that someone will find out you are using squid.

What is the problem? Properly configured squid should not cause any
problems, unless the HTTP server is broken (as it was also already said).

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.