[squid-users] Sharing Load Accross Multiple Peers

From: Solomon Asare <solomonasare_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 06:13:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
I have been sharing load accross multiple peers with my squid. My clients reported serious slowness when I used roundrobin; which I thought should have been the best option in my situation.

I am currently using sourcehash. What I want to know is how often does sourcehash rebuilds its tables so that a client who became active just for a brief period will not be assigned to a peer whilst it is virtually idle for most part of the day?

Can some of the source addresses have weights?

Thanks,
solomon.