[squid-users] Squid 2.5/2.6 and rsf.org

From: barbaux cyrille <cbarbaux_at_eutelsat.fr>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 16:15:15 +0200

Hello all,

I'm having some troubles with the www.rsf.org website when using squid 2.5 / 2.6. I've got the same problem with IE 6, IE 7, Firefox 2, Firefox 3 thought the proxy, no problem on a direct request to the web server.

On some requests, the RSF web server seams to answer : it sends some HTTP headers but no data, no HTML content. Effect is a blank webpage and a bad cached content.

I've repeated this problem on :
- RedHat ES 4 squid 2.5 (2.5.STABLE14)
- RedHat EL 5 squid 2.6 (2.6.STABLE6)
- Ubuntu 8.04 squid 2.6 (2.6.18-1ubuntu3) with a different ISP.

I've tried to apply the "Accept-Encoding" workaround which works with support.microsoft.com, but no success.
Unfortunately, I've got no choice in the squid version, I'm not admin on these squid servers...

Can someone give me a hand on this?
Thanks in advance.

Cyrille

This message may contain confidential or privileged information and is
intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated
recipient(s) named above. If you are not one of the intended recipients
of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.
This communication is for information purposes only and should not be
regarded as an official statement of Eutelsat S.A. or any of its
subsidiaries. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free. Therefore, Eutelsat S.A. does not claim that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be treated as such.