Re: [squid-users] out of FDs in spite of 65535 file descriptors

From: Markus Meyer <markus.meyer_at_koeln.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 16:44:19 +0200

Amos Jeffries schrieb:

> For specific config Markus, increase cache_mem.
> "cache_mem 0 bytes" will use 2-3 FD per request. When objects are pulled
> from memory that usage halves.

What do you mean with specific config?
Funny thing is in my config cache_mem is set to 12288 MB. Just stumbled
now over this. Wrong syntax? I took the configuration from the Cache
Managers "Current Squid Configuration". But looking into "General
Runtime Information" it tells that it has above 12288 MB.

> But I agree its probably that FD leak you are hitting.

Is there a workaround or ETA when this might be fixed(please take no
offense at this, it's just that the people paying me want to know things
like this)? Except checking the FDs and restarting Squid.

Cheers,

        Markus