[squid-users] Fwd: Squid as authentication proxy that doesn't replace source IP addresses

From: James <subz0r69z0r_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:03:01 +1000

Hi there,

I have a squid proxy server that all browsers are configured to use
and has been working fine for years now. However I now need to be able
to still use the proxy to authenticate the users (via LDAP) but not
replace the source IP address as we now have a transparent bridge that
also logs HTTP connections out on several pipes and allows us to
provide username mappings for certain (locked down) IP addresses.
However all requests that come through from the Proxy server have the
source IP of Squid and I need to be able to see the original source IP
addresses.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers