[squid-users] LDAP authentication

From: <hurricane81_at_virgilio.it>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:02:30 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

Dear all

I change the authentication of squid making that over LDAP.
All the tests from command line with squid_ldap_auth and
squid_ldap_group gave me great results for our needs in squid
authentication.
Now i tried to set the configuration file, working
first on the single helpers: so at the moment all i ask is to
authenticate the user with ldap to let him navigate.
I canno manage to
let squid authenticate through ldap even when the same lines work
perfectly from command line.
The behaviour of squid is:
-login box at
the request of a web page.
-I insert my credentials and the page remain
in loading status.
-After round about 1 minute, it shows up again the
login box.
-I give again my credentilas.
-After 1 minute again, it
gives me the eeror page that say "before have access to this web page
you must authenticate....".

I paste here my configuratio part of
squid_ldap_auth and following logs from access.log:

auth_param basic
program c:/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth.exe -P -R -O -v "3" -s "sub" -
b "dc=kamax, dc=org" -D "squidadmin" -w "squid2008" -f "sAMAccountName=%
s" -d -h "kxdcrt02.kamax.org" -p "3268"
auth_param basic children 10
auth_param basic realm SQUID
auth_param basic casesensitive on

---------------------------
access.log

http://zinfo.de.
kamax.org:8080/cgi-bin/pr_info_sys/frame.pl?ZBEREICH=Werkszeichnungen
squidadmin NONE/- text/html
1218435332.175 0 172.16.10.219
TCP_DENIED/401 1889

I don´t explain myself why from
commandline it works everything so fine but in squid I´m having all
these problems.

Same if I try to test from squid the squid_ldap_group,
the logs say to me the helpers are crashing to quick....I guess is a
problem of the login I pass that doesn´t fit with %LOGIN requested from
the helper.
So I think my main problem is this with squid_ldap_auth,
once I´ll have there my authentication should work also the
squid_ldap_group.

Could you give some advices or let me know if I have
to check something more about all that.
I was already reading handbook
of squid, configuration example and all your post and others from squid
mailing list but I didn´t find nothing helpful.

Really lot of thanks
in advance.

Best Regards
Antonio