Re: [squid-users] Problems displaying images on specific website

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 13:17:22 -0800

Jeff Gerard wrote:
> I appreciate your help but still no go. The interesting thing is if I use wget to download the image in your example, then post it on a different web server, I have absolutely no problems whatsoever loading the image in my web browser going through squid.
>
> I'm stumped :(

Well, that's a start at least. Do you get a usable file if you tell
wget to use your proxy to grab the original?

The commands...

export http_proxy=http://my.squid.server:3128 &&
wget -O /tmp/Home_1.png -S
http://promotions.everydaycelebrations.ca/ds/guest/BAM/images/Home_1.png

...should work using bash, with GNU wget. Adjust the recipe to suit
your setup.

> ---
> Jeff Gerard

Chris