[squid-users] header_replace question

From: Ritter, Nicholas <Nicholas.Ritter_at_americantv.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:00:06 -0500

When using either Squid 2.6STABLE (latest) or Squid3HEAD, will the
following work?

acl myjar_cache_ctl urlpatch_regex -i .(jar)
header_access Cache-Control deny all
header_replace Cache-Control public, s-maxage=14400, max-age=14400

This is for overriding the cache-control settings for an
internal/private Java JRE app where the client downloads the jar files
from the server and runs them. I want to do this because the client-side
java JRE is sending a cache-control no-cache setting, and my server is
following also doing this. I have already set my server to the
public/max-age, but the client still sends a no-cache directive.

Nick