[squid-users] TCP_MISS/999 for a specific website

From: Joop Beris <j.beris_at_nederweert.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:57:36 +0200

Hi squid-users,

I'm having a problem with a few users, who can't visit a website through
Squid. Outside of the proxy, things work as expected. Going through squid they
get a total blank page, with IE saying it is ready.

Checking the squid logfile, I see the following line:

1218548236.432 25 10.254.x.x TCP_MISS/999 221 GET http://www.vhic.nl/
<username> DIRECT/193.84.176.30 -

We use squid-2.6.STABLE6-0.8 on an openSUSE 10.2 machine. We authenticate
users against ADS using an NTLM-authenticator.

Now the interesting thing is this:
If I go through the same proxy on my ws I can access the site just fine and I
don't see any of this TCP_MISS/999 stuff.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause two of my users not to see the
site, and me being able to see the site. Somehow I doubt this is a squid
issue, but I have no idea where else to start searching.
Wireshark doesn't tell me anything useful, except that the remote site sends
back TCP_MISS/999 No Hacking when my users access it, for me it returns
TCP_MISS/200.

Thanks for any pointers!

Regards,

Joop

Dit bericht is gescand op virussen en andere gevaarlijke
inhoud door MailScanner en lijkt schoon te zijn.
Mailscanner door http://www.prosolit.nl
Professional Solutions fot IT