[squid-users] Squid Re-cache problem

From: Ana Leal <aleal_at_remsolu.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:48:10 +0200

Hi everyone!

I?m having a problem with the cash of an application I use (ITSM from BMC)
with Internet Explorer 6.0.

The normal architecture for this application to work is: Internet client 6.0 à
Squid Proxy à Mid-tier (BMC) à Application (ITSM BMC).

But when the proxy is connected, this application doesn?t work as expect.

I had prove that if I ?oblige? the system to ?re-cache? the web every
time is accessed (configuring the Internet Explorer to check new changes every
time a page is visited) and not allowing the access trough the Proxy to the
Mid-tier that supports the application (since it doesn?t have the cache of
the proxy it has to re-cache every time) it works perfectly!

But this situation creates a problem to the web users:

This RE-CACHE, provokes a very slow internet performance since the cache has to
be done every time the page is open.

Does anyone have/had a similar problem? How did you resolve it? It?s a Squid
Proxy bug? It could be a version problem?

Can anyone help me on this issue, please?

Thanks

Ana Leal