Re: [squid-users] Problem with authentication to IIS site for users behind squid proxy

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:42:47 -0300

Amos Jeffries escreveu:

> What Adrian continuously fails to mention, is that he is the only
> developer actively working on improving Squid-2. The rest of us major
> developers have decided Squid-2 should be superseded by Squid-3 and
> are improving Squid-3. Importing features from Squid-2 to Squid-3 as
> people need them.
>
> As for changing; Squid-3 has more and better ACL controls than Squid-2.
> Squid-2 has more work from Adrian in speed improvements than Squid-3.
>
> Based on that list you gave, it's a matter of choice for you whether
> you need those new and finer ACL controls in Squid-3 or more speed.

    tough decision ..... as it's always a good idea to stick with the
version the majority of the developers are working (3.0), the missing of
NTLM-authentication passtrough is giving me hard times in squid 3.0.

    i'll probably stick with 3.0 where it's possible ... but
unfortunelly, when i confirmed that 3.0 cant do, yet,
NTLM-authentication passtrough, i had to back to 2.7 in some sites.

    but i hope to get them back to squid 3.0 as soon as possible :)

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues