Re: [squid-users] Valid ACL-Types for cache_peer_access

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:32:04 +1200

Chris Robertson wrote:
> Philipp Nyffenegger wrote:
>> Hello,
>> i'm facing a problem with selective Forwarding in Squid. I'm using
>> cache_peer_access to divert different URLs to different Scanning
>> Engines. Most of the ACL's are of type "dstdomains". They all work
>> fine.
>>
>> Now my Problem is as follows :
>>
>> .doubleclick.net is being sent to a URL-Filter which blocks the whole
>> .doubleclick.net Domain. Now i would like to have something like
>> "http://.*.doubleclick.net/blabla/" being sent towards AV Engine thus
>> allowing access to this specific Site/URL.
>>
>> Whenever i add an url_regex ACL-Type like
>> "^http:\/\/.*\.doubleclick.net/blabla$" to a
>> "cache_peer_access"-Directive, it's never being redirected
>> accordingly. Squid does not complain about wrong ACL-Type used or the
>> like.
>>

> You don't need to escape the backslashes and "$" in a regular expression
> matches "end of string". Try ...
>
> ^http://(.*\.)?doubleclick\.net/blabla
>
> ...instead.

You can also speed up all non-doubleclick requests handling by splitting
it into two ACL:
  * the dstdomains which matches only doubleclick
  * a urlpath_regex matching URL path piece

Constructing the access line so:
   cache_peer_access ... deny <dstdomain> <urlpath_regex>

lets squid abort slow regex tests of the much faster dstdomain fails
first, (Left-to-right processing of access lines :-).

Amos