[squid-users] Use of automatic configuration script instead of forwarding rules.

From: Markus Moeller <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:03:11 +0100

I have a setup where we use an automatic configuration script to point
clients to different proxies by client location but also by destination. Now
we have a special segment where all clients(guests) need to go through a
squid proxy with authentication first. This proxy needs to forward the
traffic to other proxies depending on the destination as already defined in
the automatic configuration script for the non guests. To make it easier to
maintain a consistent setup would it be possible that squid uses an
automatic configuration script to determine forwarding rules ?

Has anybody looked into this option before ?

Thank you
Markus