Re: [squid-users] squid's capability

From: John Doe <jdmls_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 04:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

>> Talking about benchmarks; I did get around 770 r/s and was wondering why...
>> In fact, it was just because my test object was 15KB.
>> With a 1KB object, I get 5000+ r/s.
>> So, what is the "usual" size of test objects for the benchmarks...?
>
> If you're running benchmarks then can you please provide some CPU and
> IO profiling where appropriate?
> I would like to know why a 15KB object cops out at 770req/sec but a
> 1KB object cops out at 5000 req/sec.

Should have added that my 100Mb switch must be the reason: 770*15*8 ~= 92400 Mb/s
My benchmarks are pretty basic for now (always the same object) so not really worth mentioning.
I might give some in the future when the setup is finalized.
I was just curious about the effect of objects size choice in others benchmarks...
The smaller, the faster... no?

JD