[squid-users] Re: bad file caching

From: Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 11:05:11 +0300

Chris Robertson wrote:
> Obviously the object has changed, so you have a few options:
> * Use the PURGE method with squidclient

That's a onetime shooter. This file is requested daily, so I should run
it daily to keep it current.

> * force a refresh with your browser (hold down shift or control when you
> press the refresh or reload button, use the -r switch with squidclient
> or --cache=off for wget. fetch does not appear to have a method of
> forcing a refresh.)

Worked. Same problem - results ain't persistent.

> * Add a cache deny for this domain

Thinking of it.

> * Wait for the freshness calculation to expire (3 days at the most)

And? The file already stuck in cache for 2 month. Waiting some more days
does literally nothing.

I'm just trying to understand is this some flaw in my config or it just
should work this way.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.