Re: [squid-users] Performance of Squid as Balancer

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:22:17 +0800

Lots of stuff performs better than Squid for just straight connection
redirection.

The trick isn't request rate - its how the application behaves under a
variety of conditions. Some people have luck with varnish, pound,
nginx, apache. Some people have no luck with those and luck with
Squid. YMMV.

At some point Squid will be fast enough to compete with the above
-and- work in more use conditions. I hope :)

Adrian