Re: [squid-users] Squid SNMP Support

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:37:41 +1200

Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I know that Squid supports SNMP but also read that SQUID MIB has not
> evolved much over years.
>
> Are there any plans to upgrade the SQUID MIB set in coming releases?

Each major point release of Squid recently has accumulated changes to
the MIB. It's a matter of what you are measuring as to whether its
changed in upgrade or not.

FYI, we are planning an upgrade of the SNMP agent, though whether the
MIB will change at all for that has not been decided, and when it will
happen is dependent on a lot of things.

Amos