Re: [squid-users] Success stories for squid as reverse proxy for Exchange (RPCviaHTTP) ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:43:49 +1200 (NZST)

> Hi, we are using squid for quite some time as internal forward proxy.
> Now we want to implement an external Exchange access "RPC via HTTP(S)".
> I know there is a configuration example in the documentation, but other
> than that I did not find a lot of info.
> So if anybody can give a comment what the pitfalls could be that would
> be great.

They only issues I've seen in the last year or so was with people who had
implemented most but not all of the config example. There are a few
settings in the example which are required to bypass bugs or limits in
Exchange. So it does need to be followed in full with as minimal
alteration as required for your network.

PS. I assume and hope you are referring to these two configs:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/SquidAndOutlookWebAccess
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/SquidAndRPCOverHttp

> I found one remark saying that exchange 2007 has features that do not
> work via RPC via HTTPS.
> Any hints on this one? Which features could that be ?

Sorry. No hints here. If you do find out I'd be very interested in
verifying that and adding it to the wiki.

Amos