Re: [squid-users] state of gzip/transfer-encoding?

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil_at_semihuman.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:06:08 -0400

Squid does not do transfer encoding of objects on its own; however, it
will cache and serve multiple encodings of the same object *as
delivered to the cache by the origin* in order to send the requested
encoding to clients. This is dependent on the origin server sending
the proper Vary: Accept-Encoding header, and works best when the
origin server sends unique ETags for each encoding type.

-C