Re: [squid-users] squid https

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 15:39:59 +1200 (NZST)

> Indunil Jayasooriya yazmış:
>>> Could you send me your squid.conf file from the version of squid 2.6 ,
>>> please ?
>>>

>> this is the file on openbsd 3.4
>>

> Hi again ;
>
> This your configuration and i can not see any https configuration in it.
> This is a standart config. I just want to use

> redirected https and

Not really possible without SSLBump (which means any Squid earlier than
3.1/HEAD).

Some have hacked up a simulation of HTTPS interception using reverse-proxy
mode and https_port, but that breaks a lot of things in the network and
causes much grief to all users.

If you want happy users, do away with the interception altogether.

> [redirected] ftp

Not possible in any Squid. Squid is an HTTP proxy not an FTP proxy.
There is another proxy called 'Froxy' which can be used for that.

Amos