[squid-users] AUTH_ON_ACCELERATION in Squid 3

From: Craig Kelley <namonai_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 09:34:33 -0600

Hello Squid users;

I've been using AUTH_ON_ACCELERATION to help control access to squid
servers that cache data from a primary Apache server. This works
great in 2.5, but I've been playing around with Squid 3, and was
wondering how to do the same thing with it. I've basically used this
setup to get it to function (without requiring authentication):

http_port 1234 defaultsite=10.0.0.25
cache_peer 10.0.0.25 parent 80 0 no-query originserver

Then I setup basic NCSA auth for testing:

auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/testing
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Testing Squid Auth
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

But Squid just happily serves and caches data from 10.0.0.25 without
requiring authentication.

Is this possible anymore?

Thanks!

  -Craig