[squid-users] access.log rename

From: Farzane <farzane.ghayour_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 23:09:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
My question is about rotating squid log files.
I should write a daemon that every 5 min reads access.log and updates a
database.
Now my question is does it may cause problem for rotating access.log?
Because my daemon has opened it and squid wants to rename it and I have seen
that renaming a file when another program is using it, is impossible.
If it causes problem what should I do in my program that both my program and
squid work?
should I use scripts?
What do scrips that rotate squid's log do? Do they stop squid?

Thanks