[squid-users] Squid 3.0 STABLE 9 is available

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 02:04:54 +1200

The Squid HTTP Proxy team is pleased to announce the
availability of the Squid-3.0.STABLE9 release!

This release fixes a few minor regressions and bugs found in the last
release.

The big changes of note are:

  COSS - We have been aware of at least one major bug preventing COSS
operation and have not yet had any contributions towards porting the
fixes from 2.6. So, as of this release COSS support is absent from 3.0.

  Kerberos / Negotiate - some authentication buffer sizes have been
increased to allow very large user credentials (up to 32KB now).

  Unsupported Methods - display of these errors has been fixed to
prevent potentially large binary streams entering the ASCII log files.

Please refer to the release notes at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/RELEASENOTES.html
if and when you are ready to make the switch to Squid-3.

This new release can be downloaded from our HTTP or FTP servers

      http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.0/
      ftp://ftp.squid-cache.org/pub/squid-3/STABLE/

or the mirrors. For a list of mirror sites see

      http://www.squid-cache.org/Download/http-mirrors.dyn
      http://www.squid-cache.org/Download/mirrors.dyn

If you encounter any issues with this release please file a bug report.
      http://bugs.squid-cache.org/

Amos Jeffries