broken regex, refresh_pattern, or request_/reply_header?

From: Ritter, Nicholas <Nicholas.Ritter_at_americantv.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:48:59 -0500

I might be way off on this, but I am wondering if it is my config, or if
it is the squid code. I am using squid-3.HEAD-20080910 and I an trying
to block Cache-Control headers in addition to control the fresh pattern
of jar files, but nothing seems to work.

I tried various regex patterns including:

urlpath_regex -i \.jar$

and even (just to see if it was my regex or something else):

request_header_access Cache-Control deny all
reply_header_access Cache-Control deny all

as well as (just to see if it was my regex or something else):

refresh_pattern -i \.jar$ 480 20% 1440 ignore-no-cache
ignore-no-store override-expire override-lastmod
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320 ignore-no-cache
ignore-no-store override-expire override-lastmod

Despite even the drastic attempts, the access.log still sees
"TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS/200"

A sniffer shows that the client is emmitting "Cache-Control: no-cache"
and "Pragma: no-cache" headers fir the request, and the server is
emitting a "Cache-Control: private" header.

Nick