Re: [squid-users] Keep-Alive header not being displayed

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:24:42 -0600

On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 16:28 -0700, JL wrote:

> I understand that the keep-alive header is not suppose to be forwarded
> but is there any way to send custom headers as Alex recommended? So
> basically I want Squid to automatically send HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE = 300
> even if its not getting that information from the client or the
> server. The header just has to be there. Is that possible?

I do not think Squid3 has any configuration options that would allow you
to add custom headers to requests.

It is possible to hard-code the extra header in Squid sources, of
course. The attached _untested_ patch adds a "Keep-Alive: 300" header,
for example.

It may be easier to add/fake a header on the origin server though, in
Apache config or as a CGI script wrapper.

HTH,

Alex.