Re: FW: [squid-users] Bypassing Squid completely for specific domains/IPs

From: Mike Raath <raathm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:30:37 +0200

proxy.pac may be an option, but if possible I'd like to keep the zero
configuration element of a transparent proxy.

Amos - I'm not quite sure how to integrate your suggestion with what I
had. Bear in mind that the IP address specified in the request could
be anything from localhost (developer's own box although in this case
it won't hit the proxy), development server, test server or live
server. Defining a cache-peer as you have it there assumes everyone
will be looking at the same box at the same time, which would mean I
could define the entry in the DNS forwarding, unless I've
misunderstood you.

I can't do that simply because during a normal dev sprint developers
would be pointing at a dev server, testers at a test server, and
product owners/others would be looking at live.

Bear in mind that in almost all cases traffic will be normal browsing
traffic, and caching is exactly what I want. But in this specific case
I need to be able to bypass not only the cache, but also the proxy.
And everyone in the office has a laptop which means that they
regularly connect to different APs, so setting proxy information
manually would be a major pain.