Re: [squid-users] different parent proxy for specific sites

From: Tim Bates <tin_at_new-life.org.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:00:14 +1000

Andreas Moroder wrote:
> our squid passes all the http traffic to a parent proxy. Now we have two
> sites that work only if we access them through another parent proxy.
>
> Is there a way to tell squid to redirect certain domains to this
> secondary proxy ?
Yes. It is possible. I'm a bit rusty on how, but it involves
"cache_peer_domain".
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.6/cfgman/cache_peer_domain.html

Something like this (from memory, could be wrong):
cache_peer 192.168.1.1 parent 3128 3130
cache_peer 192.168.1.2 parent 3128 3130
cache_peer_domain 192.168.1.2 hotmail.com yahoo.com

Tim B