[squid-users] NTLM authentication cache parameters

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:10:53 -0300

    Hello,

    I'm configuring a 2.7 Stable 4 squid for NTLM authentication across
a slow link (VPN over internet). It's working, no problem at all. I've
joined squid box on the AD, winbind is running, wbinfo -t, -g and -u are
OK. Everything is OK, authentication is running fine.

    Altough, i have noticed there's some great traffic on the VPN
between squid box and AD server, which is expected, because of the
authentication traffic. I remembered, from ancient ages, of those:

"max_challenge_reuses" number
"max_challenge_lifetime" timespan

    ntlm parameters from outdated 2.5 squid .... and noticed they didnt
exists on 2.7 anymore.

    Question is ..... is there some similar option on squid 2.7 that can
be used to reduce authentication traffic between slow links, just like
those 2 parameters that existed on squid 2.5 ??

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues