RE: [squid-users] Fedora

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:46:04 +1200 (NZST)

> What I had in the 2.4 version was a Cache-image server. The load balancer
> will receive request from clients and send the image request to the
> Squid-cache server and content to the webserver. So this unit will be set
> up in a datacenter to help unload some of the incoming traffic. The
> Squid-cache server should receive the port 80- traffic and then request
> the images from a webserver
> And keep them for future request. Right now it looks like the squid server
> does not even receive port 80 traffic. I look that I need to enable
> something the config

Ah that explains some of the issues. Put this config at the top of your
squid.conf (with <your-images-server-domain> changed to the domain name
being requested for the images):

  # for the datacenter to use as regular proxy
  http_port 3128

  # for the image server reverse-proxy
  http_port 80 accel vhost
  cache_peer 10.2.0.140 80 0 no-query name=imgserver
  acl imgdomains dstdomain <your-images-server-domain>
  cache_peer_access imgserver allow imgdomains
  cache_peer_access imgserver deny all
  http_access allow imgdomains

  # other acl and access controls for normal use go down here.

That will let squid process the different modes properly. 2.6+ can have
multiple ports of different types running no problem.

The datacenter requests (and any attacks on port 80) will be handled
normally through your other security settings. But the requests for stuff
on the images domain names will be passed to the real web server where
they come from.

Amos