Re: [squid-users] why does squid have extension_methods to be configurable?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 21:43:01 +1200

Saurabh Agarwal wrote:
> Hi ALL
>
> Is there a stable build in SQUID 3.0 for which the design flaw around
> extension methods has been fixed? Has someone tested this fix in 3.0?

No. Just minor bug fixes to how the logs display of them.

> Also when can I expect SQUID 3.1 to get stable?

3.1 PRE is due out early October. We expect a STABLE within 4-8 weeks,
though the exact timing of that depends on an absence of major bugs in
the PRE.

Most of the testers so far have not found anything major so the HEAD
snapshots can be considered usable now and very nearly feature-complete
to what 3.1 will be.

Amos