[squid-users] Odd purging problem

From: Nicole <nmh_at_daemontech.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:11:02 -0700 (PDT)

 Hello all

 Some time ago I had mentioned a problem I was having doing purges on squid.
 Sometimes the purge will happen, but the tool will complain it never got a
reply from a particular server. Othertimes, it complains and no purge happened
either.

 We wrote a small perl tool to contact our squid array and say "delete these
URL's." Everything was fine until we switched some to squid3 and now even with
squid 2.7. (2.6 works always)

 The coders feel certain the problem is with squid. When we do a purge, one by
one, they always work. When we do a mass purge, we send the deletes through,
one url at a time, to each server, then come back around again to delete the
next url. It seems to be a problem more when we have to send a quantity of
deletes over several.

 I am curious if perhaps in the newer versions of squid, purges have been given
a lower priority, thus they might take a longer time to reply and accept new
ones after one has been requested?

 Anyone have any thoughts on this.

 Thanks!

   Nicole

--
  -  nmh_at_daemontech.com  -  Powered by FreeBSD  -
 "The term "daemons" is a Judeo-Christian pejorative.
 Such processes will now be known as "spiritual guides"
  - Politicaly Correct UNIX Page