[squid-users] Object becomes STALE: refresh_pattern min and max

From: BUI18 <lbui18_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:39:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

I have squid box with tons of disk for the cache_dir
(hundreds of GB). I use wget to perform some pre-fetching of large
video files. I've set the min and max age to 5 days and 7 days (in
minutes). And although I have plenty of disk space available, I still
receive TCP_REFRESH_MISS for files that had been pre-fetched and later
accessed the same day. Does anyone know why Squid would consider it as
STALE? I thought that by setting the min value for refresh_pattern for
the video file would guarantee freshness. Not only does the cache
consider it STALE, it then goes and pre-fetches a new copy even though
I know that the video file has not changed. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.