[squid-users] FTP Read Only

From: Jonathan Chretien <jonathan_chretien_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:33:48 -0400

Hello All.

OS: Fedora 8
Squid: squid-2.6.STABLE19-1.fc8

I have a strange problem this morning.

I was able via Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer to access our company FTP site by using ftp://username:password@ftp.mycompany.com or ftp://username@ftp.mycompany.com.

This morning, if I try to access this FTP site, I get a message from Microsoft indicating that I cannot access this FTP Site because my proxy server is configured for Read-Only and if I need to upload files, I need to use an another proxy.

I installed the latest updates of my Fedora 8 machine last week and I don't know if the problem is related with that because it's the first time since the update that I need to use it but I know that before the update it was working. The problem, I used it many weeks before the update, so I don't know just 1 minute after the update if it was working or not.

I have nothing special in my access.log. I have the log indicating that I'm accessing the ftp site.
In the cache.log, I have absolutely nothing.

Can someone help me with this problem ?

I have no idea what to check.

Thanks

Jonathan