Re: [squid-users] HDD Configuration Recommendations

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:50:25 +0200

On 24.09.08 13:17, Chris Nighswonger wrote:
> I'm preparing to move my squid to new hardware. I have two 500GB
> SATA HDD's in the new box which will be used to store squid's cache
> on. Any suggestions on the best raid config for these guys so as to
> maximize performance?

to maximize performance don't use RAID but two cache directories, one on
each disk. Or, since 500GB may be very enough, just use one disk for cache
and other for everything else - system, configs, logs etc.

other solution may be use part of one disk for system etc and the rest for
cache, other disk only for cache or having everything but the cache
mirrorred and two equal partitions on each disk for cache, However RAID-1
will cost some performance and the previous solution may degrade performance
because of different load on different disks...

Windows found: (R)emove, (E)rase, (D)elete