Re: [squid-users] How to disable cache and verify, also performance issues

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalha~es <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:09:30 -0300

Nick Duda escreveu:
> How can I properly disable caching and then verify it.

easy ... i have done that recently when running squid on VERY low-end
devices :)

first you'll have to recompile squid to include null storeio system:

'--enable-storeio=aufs,null'

them have:

cache_dir null /tmp

in your squid.conf and comment all other cache_dir lines, if they
exist.... there it goes, no disk caching at all. There still be some
caching, but in-memory only, so that should give you no I/O problems.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues