[squid-users] Interception Caching Problems

From: Jason Cosby <sky_jason_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:30:16 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks all for the help. Amos, the following worked like a charm and thanks so much:

Once thats working you can then go on to catch other common web server
evasion ports (81, 87, 88, 8000, 8080, 8081, 8181, 8888, 3128, 1080, 2080)

Redirectding just port 80 wasnn't accomplishing anything. Are there any other well used ports to cover, or are the ones above what you would stick with? I'm definately hitting now, though. We racked up 3 gigs in the cache in a couple of weeks.

The only outstanding issue I have is that cache.log reports everyting as a miss. I have the zph kernel patch applied. I can definately tell the difference in speed between hits and misses, but everything in the log says "Preserving TOS on miss". This isn't a huge issue now that we are hitting, but it would be beneficial to have the log accurately reflect hits and misses. Version is 3.0 stable 8.

Thanks,
Jason