Re: [squid-users] Cannot Access Site w/ Squid 2.6 Stable 3 Transparent Mode

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:22:53 +1200

Brodsky, Jared S. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running Squid 2.6 Stable 3 in Transparent mode and none of my users
> can access msnbc.com from behind the our cache.

I see from the config you are using tproxy. I'd recommend upgrading to
tproxy v4.1+ and the Squid 3.1 as soon as convenient. It's just had
quite a few fixes and being rolled out successfully in some high-load sites.

It's up to you though. We expect formal 3.1 test releases within weeks.

"tcp_outgoing_address 10.100.1.2" has undefined network behavior. It
goes against the tproxy operation usage. tproxy behavior under those
config conditions may be unexpected.

"acl adzapports myport 81" also has undefined behavior as tproxy
intercepted requests work with whatever dstIP:port the client originally
requested. Not squid listening port.

Amos