Re: [squid-users] Cache Peers and Load Balancing

From: Dave Dykstra <dwd_at_fnal.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:30:19 -0500

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 03:41:33PM -0500, Dean Weimer wrote:
> I am looking at implementing a new proxy configuration, using multiple peers and load balancing, I have been looking through the past archives but I haven't found the answers to some questions I have.
> Now the other question is whether or not I should configure the 3 parent servers as siblings?
> Would doing so break the source hash?

Dean,

I can't answer most of your questions, I'm not familiar with source
hash, but I will point out something from my experience with cache_peer
siblings: they can't be used in combination with collapsed_forwarding
because it causes a deadlock. In my application I can have many clients
requesting the same thing at the same time, so I've determined that
collapsed_forwarding is more important than making squids siblings.

- Dave