RE: [squid-users] ICP and sibling peers in reverse proxies?

From: Christian Tzolov <Christian.Tzolov_at_tomtom.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 10:41:02 +0200

Hi Amos,

Thanks for your immediate response,

> Yes. you can set the peers as siblings and configure the proxy-only
> option.

I did that but now I face another problem. How can I make both squid
nodes use the same hostname for their cached object's Keys?

For example the same response returned by Apache_1 and cached on Squid_1
will have a Key like: http://Squid_1/resource?id=1 while on Squid_2 the
same response will be identified as: http://Squid_2/resource?id=1

If the same response is cached with different Keys on each Squid node I
am worried that the ICP will be useless. It will fail to match the
request to the resource on the remote Squid sibling?
If the above assumption is true how can we configure/force Squid to use
URL that is unique amongst all siblings?

> It may not be the optimal setup though.

Please elaborate on this? Any other ideas are welcomed!

Thank you,
 Christian