Re: [squid-users] cache size

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:35:41 +0200

On tis, 2008-09-30 at 20:15 -0700, Stand H wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Suppose that I have 100GB cache size. Roughly, how much hit rate or
> byte rate can I improve if I increase the size to 500GB? Is larger
> cache better than smaller cache, say 500GB vs 1TB? Suppose I have
> enough RAM.

When the cache has reached about 1 weeks worth of content only very
marginal additional gains in hit ratio is seen.

But the it ratio do continue to climb slightly at least for a month. But
not very much.

After that it's impossible to say from the data I have seen. Too much
other variables impacting the result such as user behavior, different
seasons etc.. making any changes in hit ratio due to cache size hide
somewhere far below the noise level..