[squid-users] Re: last try with Squid + Ldap + Kerberos

From: Markus Moeller <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 20:31:42 +0100

What error do you receive ? Is the authentication or authorisation the
problem ?

Markus

"Alexandre augusto" <asaugusto_at_yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
Hi all,

After some months looking for some help to build squid + AD authentication
using kerberos in transparent mode (without popup asking for the password),
I can´t get success.

The latest try was using this doc/method:
http://klaubert.wordpress.com/2008/01/09/squid-kerberos-authentication-and-ldap-authorization-in-active-directory/

There is no way to use Squid + NTLM on my company due to internal policy,
so, I already contact some squid developers to do that but the guys told I
have a big problem because even if he can do, there is no promess that after
some Microsoft update or service pack, the things continue to work and as
this can be the first time that someone develope it, its possible that it
doesn´t work...

If any people know how to do it, please contact me in private to stablish a
contract and pay for the job.

But, if it´s impossible to make it, unfortunately I will stop to use Squid
after more than 10 years working with this powerful product by problems of
compatibility.

Thanks a lot

Alexandre

      Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a
sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.
http://br.new.mail.yahoo.com/addresses