[squid-users] Web accelerator settings for multiple sites on different servers

From: Odiobill <davide_at_lucchesi.eu.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 02:42:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I configured an OpenVZ cluster for my company, where there is a VE with
public IP adress that provides web-accelerator for other VEs that are
running on a different network, with private addresses.

To realize it, I used a configuration similar to this one within my
squid.conf:

>-- CUT HERE --<
http_port 80 accel vhost
http_port 3128

acl our_network src 192.168.10.0/24
http_access allow our_network

acl our_domains dstdomain "/etc/squid/sites.conf"
http_access allow our_domains

http_access deny all

cache_peer 192.168.10.100 parent 80 0 no-query originserver login=PASS
name=100
cache_peer_domain 100 1st.example.org 3rd.example.org

cache_peer 192.168.10.101 parent 80 0 no-query originserver login=PASS
name=101
cache_peer_domain 101 2nd.example.org 4th.example.org 5th.example.org
>-- CUT HERE --<

/etc/squid/sites.conf lists every hostname referred by cache_peer_domain
directives.

The problem is that we have ten virtual servers to accelerate, and some of
these are providing hosting for 20 or 30 websites (each one).
There is better way to accomplish this, maybe without the need to write down
hostnames both on the external file and squid.conf itself?

Thanks,

//Davide