Re: [squid-users] Fwd: Failing to Configure Squid 2.6...

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:26:25 -0800

Omer Khalid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure squid 2.6 on my server with the following
> configure options:
>
> [root_at_lxb] ./configure

Good so far, but...

> --prefix=%(prefix)s

That's a problem. "%(prefix)s" is not a valid path. It looks like a
variable that would normally be replaced in a build script.

> --enable-poll --enable-snmp
> --enable-removal-policies="heap,lru"
> --enable-storeio="aufs,coss,diskd,null,ufs" --enable-ssl
> --with-openssl=%(prefix)s

Same story with this one.

> --enable-delay-pools
> --enable-linux-netfilter --with-pthreads --enable-useragent-log
> --enable-referer-log --disable-dependency-tracking
> --enable-underscores --enable-cache-digests --with-large-files
> --enable-fd-config --enable-follow-x-forwarded-for
>
> But its constantly complaining about a syntax error: syntax error near
> unexpected token `('
>
> I am copying these options from a website and not sure what's wrong!

Try a "./configure --help" and read through what options are available.
Perhaps you don't need all of the options you have copied. Since you
are going through the trouble of compiling the software yourself, tune
it to your needs. If you aren't sure what those needs are, tell the
list what your goals are for Squid, and ask for some advice.

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> --
>
> Omer

> CERN -- European Organization for Nuclear
> Research, IT Department, CH-1211,
> Geneva 23, Switzerland

Chris