[squid-users] Update Accelerator, Squid and Windows Update Caching

From: Richard Wall <richard_at_the-moon.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:26:22 +0100

Hi,

I've been reading through the archive looking for information about
squid 2.6 and windows update caching. The FAQ mentions problems with
range offsets but it's not really clear which versions of Squid this
applies to. I'm going to experiment, but if anyone has any positive or
negative experience of Squid and windows update caching, I'd be really
interested to hear from you.

In case Squid cannot do windows update caching by its self, I'm also
looking at integrating Update Accelerator
(http://update-accelerator.advproxy.net/) script with standard squid
2.6 and wondered if anyone else had any experience of this.
The update accelerator script is just a perl wrapper around wget which
is configured as a Squid url_rewrite_program. It's not clear to me
what this script is doing that Squid wouldn't do by its self.

Thanks.

-RichardW.