[squid-users] Reconfiguring authentication helpers

From: Yonatan Broza <shorttoedeagle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:57:46 +0200

Hi all,

Documentation in squid.conf says:
# Once an authentication scheme is fully configured, it can only be
# shutdown by shutting squid down and restarting. Changes can be made on
# the fly and activated with a reconfigure. I.E. You can change to a
# different helper, but not unconfigure the helper completely.

I would like to change from basic authentication to NTLM to both and back
again without restarting Squid.

It this possible?

Is there a workaround for this limitation?

Thanks!