Re: [squid-users] FW: Transparent proxy (WCCP) and LDAP authentication

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:26:32 +1300 (NZDT)

Correction. There are a few confusing terms here.

 'transparent' means different things when used to describe HTTP proxy
actions and Active Directory authentication.

 *transparent interception* (the proxy term) and the way HTTP works
prevents regular HTTP authentication methods being done. That is an
absolute. Security feature in browser. etc. etc.

 *transparent* authentication (the AD term people seem to like. I assume
they really mean invisible to the user) is one of the non-HTTP
authentication methods that can under careful setup work.

Amos